2018 Annual Print Competition & Dinner
Sunday, December 2, 2018 - 6:30pm to 9:30pm
Meeting Location: Indian Harbour Beach Recr
1233 Yacht Club Blvd, Indian Harbour Beach, FL 32937
Presentation Topic: Annual Print Competition
Presenter: December 2018 CCB APC
Annual Print Competition Guidelines
- There are two Divisions of competition: Black and White print photographs and Color print photographs. A Black and White photograph is defined as a photograph using shades of black, white, and grey or equivalent shades of a single color tone (e.g. sepia, selenium, or other toning). The use of two or more color tones (e.g. selenium tinted shadows with sepia tinted highlights) is not allowed in this division. Conformance to the Black and White division will be decided by the contest judges.
- NEW: In an effort to encourage the originality and vision of our members, professionally staged photo or photos created in a workshop are discouraged.
- All photographs will be judged as one Class (no Class A or Class B).
- Members in good standing may enter up to two photographs in each Division.
- Photographs must have been taken within the previous 18 months.
- Photographs entered in previous Annual Print Competitions are not eligible.
- Photographs are to be no larger than 15 inches on a side (note: see panorama sizes).
- Photographs are to be no smaller than 7 inches on a side. Photographs with special printing techniques may be smaller.
- For panorama images, defined as a photograph with a minimum 2:1 ratio long side to short, the maximum long side shall be no more than 20 inches. For example, a 2:1 ratio image shall have a maximum size of 20 inches long side to 10 inches short side. A 3:1 ratio image shall have a 20 inch maximum long side and 6 2/3 inch on the short side. Note: the maximum size mount/matte for a panorama photograph shall be no larger than 20 inches per side.
- All photographs must be mounted and/or matted. Mounts and/or mattes shall be black, white, black and white, or white and black only. Mattes or mounts may be up to 20 inches on a side. No framed or gallery wrapped photographs will be accepted.
- There are no themes for this competition.
- Each photograph must have the photographer’s name and phone number on the back of the photograph. No names or identifying logos shall be on the front of the photograph.
- Deadline for entries will be at the November Camera Club meeting. All photographs must be brought to the November Camera Club meeting to be eligible for this competition, or at the discretion of the President.
- There is a $5.00 entry fee for each photograph entered. Payment for the entries must be made at the November meeting. Checks are to be made payable to the Camera Club of Brevard.
- Three individuals in the field of photography or members of the art community will judge the photographs. These judges may not be members of the Camera Club of Brevard. Judging the photographs will be at the very high standards associated with juried photograph exhibits.
- Overall 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place Color photographs will be awarded rosette ribbons.
- Overall 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place B/W photographs will be awarded rosette ribbons.
- There will be ten “Award of Distinction” photographs awarded in the categories below. Rosette ribbons will be awarded to the ten Award of Distinction photographers. The Award of Distinction photographs will be chosen from the photographs that did not receive a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place in the overall Color and Black/White print competition. The judges will determine the placement of the Award of Distinction photographs and award ribbons in the following categories:
- Fauna - Avian
- Fauna - Other than Avian
- Urban (includes buildings, structures, architecture)
- Fine Art
- Creative - As Defined in the Creative Class.
- A “People’s Choice Award” will be awarded from all of the photographs entered in the competition. The voting for this award will take place during the Annual Print Competition and Party. A rosette ribbon will be awarded.
- Awarded photographs, except for the “People’s Choice Award” will receive prizes. Overall 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places in the Color and B/W categories will receive $70.00, $50.00, and $30.00 respectively. Award of Distinction winners will receive $20.00. There will be no cash prize for the People’s Choice Award.
- The winning photographs of the Annual Print Competition will be announced at the Camera Club of Brevard’s Annual Print Competition Party held in December.
Competition Theme: Annual Print Competition
Competition Type: APC
Field Trip Description