November 2018 Bus Trip - St Petersburg
Saturday, November 3, 2018 - 7:00am to 9:00pm
Meeting Location: St Petersburg
Our exciting annual bus trip is in just a few weeks! There will be hundreds of photo ops!
Our first stop will be at Florida Polytechnic University in Lakeland to photograph its amazing Innovation, Science, and Technology building designed by the famous Spanish architect, Santiago Calatrava. This building has been listed in “Travel and Leisure” magazine as one of the 22 most beautiful buildings in the world! One of the interesting features of the IST building is the roof actually has more than 90 robotic louvers (the structure you see on top of the building's base) that follow the path of the sun, changing the shape of the building as the day goes on. So, it will always look different during the course of the day.
Florida Poly website CLICK HERE
Our second destination will be to beautiful Downtown St. Petersburg! There are many museums, art galleries, eclectic shops, wall murals, historic and modern architecture, many restaurants with indoor and outdoor seating, and more!
For more information and museum and restaurant coupons go to: DiscoverDowntown.com.
To explore St. Petersburg even further, the Downtown Looper Trolley will take you to many more interesting places while the driver points out places of interest and provides historical highlights. The closest Downtown Looper bus stop is in front of the Holocaust Museum. The Looper is just .50 cents per stop, .25 cents for seniors.
Looper website CLICK HERE .
Looper map and schedule is available on DiscoverDowntown.com. CLICK HERE
A round trip, with no stops, takes about 30 minutes.
There is also the Central Avenue Trolley. This travels the length of Central Avenue, Downtown’s main drag, with several convenient stops. Fare is based on length of travel, but will not be over $2.25, $1.10 for seniors.
For more information on the Loop Trolley CLICK HERE:
For more information on Discover Downtown CLICK HERE
If you would like, bring a packed brunch/lunch to eat on the bus while on our way to St. Petersburg. The CCB will provide bottled water on the bus.
Here’s the itinerary for a great day:
- Arrive at Viera Walmart at 7:00am. Please check-in with Denise when you arrive. Denise will be sitting in the front row of the bus.
- Bus will leave Walmart PROMPTLY at 7:00am.
- Arrive at Polytechnic University around 8:30am. We will make a quick stop at the Police Station to call the security guard on duty to open the IST building for us. It is usually closed on Saturdays.
We will not have access to the bus while here; take everything you will need with you. Please do not go into any of the offices or classrooms.
- Leave Poly U around 10:15am
- Eat brunch/lunch
- Arrive around 11:30am in Downtown St. Petersburg. We will be unloading and loading the bus at the Chihuly Museum’s Hot Shop, on the corner of 1st Avenue North and 7th Street North. The Hot Shop’s address is 714 1st Avenue North, St. Petersburg. The bus will be parked at 800 1st Avenue South during the day.
- Dinner is on your own at one of the many restaurants in and around Downtown
- Depart from the Chihuly Museum Hot Shop’s parking lot at 6:00pm. Please check-in with Denise. Denise will be sitting in the front row of the bus.
- Arrive at Viera Walmart around 8:30pm
• Items you may want to bring:
- camera/s and accessories
- memory cards
- fully charged camera battery/ies
- cell phone
- tripod (if you plan on going into a museum, most museums do not allow tripods or selfie sticks, but you can usually leave them at the ticket desk while inside)
- quarters (the Downtown Looper requires exact change)
- sweater or light jacket (may be chilly on bus)
- rain gear (just in case)
- a packed brunch/lunch
TIP: As mentioned, the bus can be chilly, which may cause sudden condensation buildup on your lenses when you disembark from the bus into the warmer air. To solve this, either place your camera and lenses in Ziploc bags BEFORE you board the bus or stow your camera gear in the outside storage compartment of the bus.
It will be another great CCB bus trip!
Questions...more information...email email@example.com.